Monday, July 8, 2013

London

By the time we arrived in London, we were a bit tired. We forgot to plan any down-time or relaxing afternoons for our time in Spain. Oops! We'll remember for next time. We took London at our own pace and still had a great time.

We "watched" (behind a giant crowd of much taller people) the changing of the guards, and then visited Westminster Abbey. Despite the drizzly weather, we got great views of Parliament and Big Ben from the London Eye!




I really wanted to have a traditional English afternoon tea, so we went to the Horseguards Hotel. Dave proclaimed himself "very fancy" for drinking fancy tea and eating fancy pastries at a fancy hotel while a HARPIST played classical music around the corner. We made it a little less fancy – when the servers graciously offered to bring us a second sample of anything we particularly enjoyed, we asked for seconds of...everything. Keepin' it classy, folks!


Our special treat was a performance of "Wicked"! All I knew beforehand is that everyone liked it and told me that I would, too. They were right! I was a little rusty on the actual "Wizard of Oz" movie, so Dave rented it from Netflix when we got back, and we watched it last night. What a crazy story!


We rounded out our time in London with hours at the British Library and British Museum, a walk through Regents Park, and dinner on Brick Lane. I loved the yellow roses in the park. Thanks, London, for a great end to our honeymoon!



2 comments:

  1. oh how fun that you ended the honeymoon in London! I love your description of the tea hahahah. now I am feeling hungry for cucumber sandwiches... I went to Brick lane on my trip to London too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a perfect place to end the honeymoon! We had almost the exact stops as you did (including the Regent's Park at the SAME gate) in 2010!

    ReplyDelete