Wednesday, March 13, 2013

showered

Last weekend, my mom, her dear friend, and my bridesmaids threw me a bridal shower! I've been racing to keep up with everything this year, and this was one of the few occasions when I've been able to pause, take a breath, and enjoy the moment. I'm getting married! To Dave!

The shower was a "bridal tea." Mrs. Carlson's house was decorated in blue and silver, and my mom made all kinds of delectable treats.



















It was so moving to be surrounded by friends and family, women who have been part of my formation for so long (some since birth!). I've been really sad about missing out on some of the joys of being engaged – savoring the anticipation, building a home, preparing for marriage and all the changes it entails. And so I really appreciated how the shower served as a rite of passage. We gathered for stories and games, songs and wisdom.

Here I think my mom is making fun of me.

Thanks for coming, everyone!









2 comments:

  1. so special :) you look so beautiful and so happy! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. great pics! dissertation and job search complete, now on to some fun!

    ReplyDelete