Thursday, September 13, 2012

the job market approaches...

I've been dreading this moment for six years. Applications for post-docs begin to be due on October 1st; for tenure-track jobs, the applications must be in by Nov. 1st or Nov. 15th. Non-tenure-track jobs will be advertised after January. Yikes! But the C.V. is up-to-date, I've drafted my teaching statement, and I'm laboring over my dissertation statement this week. On the outside, it looks like I'll be prepared for producing my individual applications. But on the inside, I look like this:


ALL DAY. EVERY DAY.

6 comments:

  1. you can do it! girl's got mad skills!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sheep feels your pain!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I glanced down and thought, "Oh, a seven-second video, so a very short scream, I can listen to that"...

    ...but didn't realize it would be ON REPEAT??!?!?! Haha! A repeat-scream in sheep's clothing! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh yeah, I have no idea how they made it go on repeat! it is appropriate for my state of mind, though...

    thanks for all the support! when this is all done, I look forward to giving a sigh of relief, like this seal:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qcdkbcjTBoE
    "whew!"

    ReplyDelete
  5. They often say "it's all in your mind." Maybe you can see this as something exciting and fun! :D Or... at least appreciate just how prepared you are :P

    ReplyDelete