Monday, June 18, 2012

Save the Date!

We have a date! I am pleased to announce that we are getting married on 26 May 2013 at the Trump National Golf Club Philadelphia in Pine Hill, NJ. Yes, you read that properly: it's a country club called "Philadelphia" but located in New Jersey. So aspirational, New Jersey. ;) Although the venue isn't the largest, and so it may be a bit of a tight fit, I just loved the "feel" of the space. I think we'll have a great wedding reception there! The date is the Sunday of Memorial Day weekend; we're hoping that the national holiday on Monday will make it easier for our wonderful guests to travel.


There are better pictures of the ballroom on the website, and I'll include a couple pictures below. I'll just say that it's the only place we visited where it's actually nicer in person than in the photographs!

The ballroom, here set up for a birthday party, is simple and elegant, and not too unnecessarily frou-frou. The natural light is really refreshing.

Of course I just have to have a giant clock tower for my wedding reception site!

I don't know whether you can see, but that is the skyline of Philadelphia in the far distance. The club is on top of a big and lush hill, so you feel very far from the hurly-burly of South Jersey. I'm really hoping for a free Memorial Day Weekend fireworks show, courtesy of some New Jersey township, to enliven the wedding!
So, write it in your calendars, and see you there! Hooray!!

6 comments:

  1. I'm so excited!!!!! I totally want this to be next month, not next year :) Ahhhhhh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's on my calendar! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woot woot! Let's hope for fireworks!! I love the clock tower, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So is this the ceremony site and also the reception site?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. they only have space for an outdoor ceremony, really, so we are going to try find a nearby church for the ceremony. i've just been poking around on google so far...since the wedding is on a sunday, we have to find a place without a sunday evening service!

      Delete