Tuesday, April 30, 2013

the world is full of imperfection

Yes, yes, I know that the world is inefficient, broken, and full of typos. And I'm not supposed to get worked up about it all the time, but move through life with a Zen-like acceptance of imperfection. But sometimes, I just can't handle it.

Take, for example, this Cooking Light cookbook that I'm looking forward to using. It's a lovely wedding gift from family friends:


Eager to identify some new recipes I want to try, I opened the book and began to flip through the pages. Imagine my horror when I discovered this:


Yes, the cover was bound upside down on the cookbook, and the whole thing is backwards. Oxmoor House Publishing, I give you two thumbs down!

3 comments:

  1. HAHAHAHA htat's hilarious. this reminded me of "this is the year when ingenuity stands high on the list." - fortune from the cookie last night.

    ReplyDelete