Tuesday, April 30, 2013

a wedding errand weekend

Everyone knows that wedding planning demands a great deal of time and requires a lot of decision-making. It's particularly difficult when planning a wedding from a distance! My mom has done an awesome job of helping us plan, but some things simply must be done in person. Right after my eye surgery (which I think went okay? At least I'm not yet "One-eyed Klu"), we drove to PA and arrived very, very late. Up until last week, it was practically still winter in Michigan – it snowed heavily last Wednesday. So I was delighted to see life and blooming flowers on the East Coast!


On Saturday, we headed to New Jersey for my bridal hair/make-up trial! No pictures here, but I liked the work of the ladies at Mane Stop Salon. Looking forward to getting gussied up with my bridesmaids there on the morning of the wedding! We headed to the cake tasting next at DiBartolo Bakery:


If you click on the link, you can see what the Bakery used to look like, just a few weeks ago. Apparently its makeover will be featured on the Food Network's "Bakery 911" show sometime this summer! The cake was okay.

And speaking of blooming flowers, here's a sneak peek of the Florette in her flower girl dress! We found a ribbon at Michael's that matches the bridesmaids' dresses – voilĂ ! a sash:


After a meeting with the DJ on Monday, we hit the road again for Michigan. I graded the last of my students' final papers in the car, which nearly became the proverbial straw on my camel back. Because I taught two writing-requirement courses back-to-back this year, I've had a pile of papers to grade every week since...early September. I don't know how Dave survived 10.5 hours of my moaning "EGGGHHHHHHH" and throwing my head into the window. My favorite line from this batch: "As demonstrated by the actions of the Gettysburg Museum of Los Angeles..."

Only a few days to squeeze in some work before graduation festivities begin later this week!

2 comments:

  1. omg, i am so excited for the nearly unbearable CUTENESS of both flower girls!!!!!!! awwwwwwwwwwwww........

    ReplyDelete
  2. another labor of our academic bride completed!!
    adorable adorable flower girl!!

    ReplyDelete