Monday, June 3, 2013

movin' on up!

On Saturday, I turned in the keys to my apartment and finished moving my things into Dave's place. Excuse me, OUR place! I'm usually very sentimental about these sorts of things – I like to take a video tour of the old place, celebrate the "last meal" or "last night," etc. But this time, I had no excess emotional energy for nostalgia. I completely forgot to take pictures of what it looked like before I started to move, so here are some old pictures:




Because this is the first place where I lived by myself, without roommates (or my parents), I consider it my first "grown-up apartment." I was so happy to move into my own place after spending a year in Athens in a dorm. I'll miss my cozy little studio downtown, but I'm very excited about one thing in particular at Dave's place: DOORS. Maybe now my bedding won't always smell like stirfry! Here's how the place looked by Friday night:



Goodbye, exposed brick wall! I never knew why you were so special, but I'm glad you earned me compliments. Now if you'll excuse me, I have some boxes to unpack...

5 comments:

  1. so many adorable pictures of you two! adorable overload! AHHHHHH!!!!!!!

    (did dave just get a haircut? awww)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. this is dave's "flattened by humidity and hard work" hair style! nice to think that it could be considered a new haircut, though...for free!!! ;)

      Delete
  2. meanwhile I still can't get over the exposed brick... I am just about ready to hammer holes in my walls to see if I can't find any over here!! ;) such a cute place. looking forward to seeing your photos of your new digs!
    (didn't dave get a haircut right before the wedding? he was telling your dad all about how the barber cut his hair once before and didn't cut the left side correctly, but it was better to hope he learned something rather than go for someone untested... at which point Mr. L just said-- Dave, I hate to break it to you, but it's Katie's hair that really matters here. :D Thankfully, you both had beautiful hair! I want to see Lindsay's photos!! ps mine are still loading on dropbox, it's taking forever...)
    (okay I just need to email you next time instead of leaving insanely long comments!! teehee)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha, i LOVE the conversation between my dad and dave! my dad = a very wise man. ;)

      i can't wait for lindsay's pictures either! will definitely send them/post them as soon as they come in, hopefully within the month?

      Delete
  3. oh the lu's ... i love them! so wise...

    ReplyDelete