Wednesday, May 15, 2013

local "landmarks"

Since I returned from New York/Philly on Sunday night, I've been occupied with moving from my apartment into Dave's place. It's just across town, and I have a car, so I've been able to make many trips with my trusty Camry. But once I live in Dave's (our!) place, I won't be running on the same paths anymore. Here are two of my favorite "landmarks" on my route to the Huron River:

I've never understood what this sign means: "Hippies Use Backdoor: No Exceptions." Is this supposed to be insulting to hippies? Or is it positive, that some secret exchange can occur at the backdoor that only hippies have access to?

I will also miss being close to this banana stand (if that is, indeed, what it is). It's out there year-round, but I've never seen anyone manning it. This seems as good a time as any for an Arrested Development gif:




2 comments:

  1. awww! heheh. michigan is so quirky!! i had no idea...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you sure that's not a lemonade stand that maybe the kids use?

    ReplyDelete