Sunday, December 30, 2012

Winter is here

The Michigan winter can be brutal, and we've been very fortunate the past two years, when we enjoyed mild weather. So far, the winter hasn't been too bad, but since returning from Christmas break, I've definitely felt a shift in temperature! We're now past the stage of cute hats and cozy sweaters. This is real winter. Some signs:

-my doormat is covered with a variety of slushy boots
-white salty streaks magically appear on all of my clothes
-I can hear the disconcerting whirr of cars' spinning wheels on the streets below from my desk
-I have ice on the interior of my car's windshield from the frozen condensation of my breath
-I'm getting reacquainted with my car's low-gear setting

Dave always says that the harsh winter provides incentive to get a lot of work done. So I'll make some hot chocolate and settle in to do some serious interview research. Stay warm, everyone!


4 comments:

  1. You sure those streaks aren't sweat? JK! Is that really what your neighborhood looks like? Wowza.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. gross! this picture is a bit of a lie. it's ann arbor in 2010, when there were a few more inches of snow on the ground. take away some of the snow, but keep it the same gray and nasty color, and you'll be imagining it properly.

      Delete
  2. I've been wearing purple fuzzy socks around the apartment! Brrrrr! What a change after buying a pair of pink flip-flops on Christmas Eve (yes, to wear outside) because the boots I wore to Texas were unbearrrrrrably hot...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. purple fuzzy socks! sounds so cozy. =) i can't even remember what flip-flop weather feels like anymore...can't wait for spring to come!

      Delete