Friday, January 11, 2013

Save-the-dates

We are woefully behind on our wedding planning. It seems we've been preoccupied with other tasks! One big priority post-job-interviews has been getting out our Save-the-Dates. I love getting magnets or beautiful postcards to put on the refrigerator. But there is no time for that! The wedding is only 4.5 months away!

So I've been trying to design myself a nice image that we can email to our friends and family as we solicit their physical addresses for the formal invitation. I had originally envisioned a modern-looking graphic image that contained our names, but not our picture. But Dave (and everyone else I talked to) liked the picture idea, and they are so right! I won't post the official Save-the-Date here, but I did want to share the background image. It's one of our favorite pictures of us. This is a self-timed photo from northern Michigan in September 2011. The original colors were brighter (and more blue), but I gave it an old-timey wash – must be the pernicious influence of Instagram!


We had just finished a long drive up north and were eager to go for a walk along the shore while the sun was setting. Dave spotted the big driftwood, and the magical moment was captured! It's hard to look relaxed in posed pictures, and we like how this one has a more casual feel. I hope it gets people excited for the wedding!


1 comment:

  1. Looked great!! (though the Guido and Phanatic photo would have gotten me excited too :))

    ReplyDelete